Trim Down Fiber Plus is a new weight loss supplement brought to the market in 2014, by Wendy Bongalis-Royer, who states she “had Trim Down Fiber Plus scientifically formulated to help you succeed on your weight loss journey”.
Such a statement suggests it is probably a bought-in product. It may even be a private label product. If so there could be numerous identical products on the market, hiding behind other people’s labels.
Either way it would be nice to know who the real manufacturer is and what (if any) experience they have.
Proposed benefits include:
- Helps support healthy digestion
- Eat the foods you love
- All natural no stimulants
The official Trim Down Fiber Plus website contains very little information about the ingredients used in the formulation, listing only the three “secret ingredients”. Some affiliate sites list far more ingredients, so we can only assume these should be regarded as very secret ingredients.
No inclusion rates are provided, but the three ingredients listed on the Trim Down Fiber Plus website are:
- Yacon Root: Yacon root extracts are rich in prebiotic compounds that encourage the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Yacon assists weight loss by preventing cholesterol synthesis in the liver, increasing sensitivity to insulin, and improving the digestive process. Unfortunately the inclusion rate here is not known, so it is impossible to predict whether the blend fully utilizes the ingredient’s potential.
- Glucomannan: Another root extract, this time taken from the konjac plant. Glucomannan is a fibrous ingredient that passes through the stomach undigested and has the ability to soak up large quantities of moisture. For this reason glucomannan supplements are always taken with plenty of water, which causes the fibers to swell inside the stomach. This creates a feeling of fullness and naturally suppresses the desire for food.
- Raspberry Ketone: Raspberry ketone is a powerful weight loss-enhancing ingredient that is usually sourced from raspberries, but can also be obtained from some other fruits. Raspberry ketone assists weight loss by working as a fat burner, but if the quantity used is insufficient it will offer little benefit.
The Trim Down Global affiliate partner states the blend also contains:
- Digestive Enzyme Blend: Amylase Powder, Protease Powder, Lipase Powder, Glucoamylase Powder, Papain Powder, Cellulase Powder, Bromain Powder.
- Trace Mineral Blend
Without any inclusion rates it is impossible to say how much benefit any of the above will provide, but all the ingredients used in the Digestive Enzyme Blend have the potential to aid the digestive process. Bearing in mind the fact that the Trim Down Fiber Plus formulation contains yacon root—which also aids digestion—all these extras are probably not required and will, if anything, only dilute the powers of the main ingredients.
Trim Down Fiber Plus Customer Feedback
The Trim Down Fiber Plus website contains several positive testimonial that are attributed to Trim Down Fiber Plus users, and these are copied onto the many affiliate websites, but testimonials from such a biased source are not to be relied upon. Many of the affiliates also claim to have had positive results using the product, but it would not be in their interest to paint it in anything other than a positive light and the Trim Down Fiber Plus affiliate sign-up page states: “You will never be required to purchase the product in order to make money with TDG.”
Side Effects & Health Issues
The Trim Down Fiber Plus website states the capsules are not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers, but fails to mention if side effects should be expected. Although the main three ingredients are unlikely to cause side effects, it is much harder to say what side effects the other ingredients may present—especially in unknown quantities. For this reason all potential Trim Down Fiber Plus users should consult a doctor before commencing supplementation.
Trim Down Fiber Plus Guarantee
A 45 day money back guarantee is offered.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Trim Down Fiber Plus is only available from the official website, and the site provides a lucrative affiliate scheme, so there are already a number of affiliate run sites online, all of them extoling the virtues of the product and directing traffic to the main sales page.
One (120 capsule) bottle of Trim Down Fiber Plus costs £30.00 / $49.95 and a crossed out figure suggests the price has been reduced by £6.00 / $10. This is about par for the course on some premier brands. A “buy 2 bottles get 3rd bottle half-price” offer is available, but we still feel Trim Down Fiber Plus is overpriced for what it is.
The Bottom Line
Yacon root, glucomannan, and raspberry ketone are all good ingredients, but the Trim Down Fiber Plus website provides insufficient information to indicate if the blend has fully captured their weight loss-enhancing powers.
The blend also contains a number of additional ingredients that are unlikely to offer much in the way of benefit and may even weaken the blend. All purchases are protected by a money back guarantee though; so many dieters may feel they have nothing to lose by giving it a shot.
As mentioned, Raspberry Ketone Plus is in our opinion the best example of this type of diet pill – it is one for the purists.
Raspberry Ketone Plus is manufactured and distributed by Evolution Slimming, a Kent based health company that truly value their reputation.