Slim Vie is a diet pill manufactured in China. According to the manufacturer it is “The World’s Best Weight Loss Product” and can provide significant weight loss without any side effects, but many customers say differently, and dietary products manufactured in China are often of a lower standard than those produced in Europe or the US.
Worse still, the ingredients listed for some products are not always a match for those used in the blend and, on examination; some products have been shown (on occasions) to contain amphetamines or other illegal substances.
At the time of this review no evidence could be found that Slim Vie indulge in such practices, but caution is always advised when considering the use of Chinese diet pills.
Slim Vie Review
Slim Vie is a particularly difficult product to evaluate because there appears to be two versions “old slim vie” and “new slim vie”; so when reading customer comments it is hard to ascertain which version is being commented on. There is also some indication that the market may be flooded with non-authentic Slim Vie diet pills, so a big gamble can be involved with any Slim Vie purchase.
- Appetite suppression
- Enhanced metabolic performance
- Fat burning
- Fast-acting formula
Key Ingredients – Whats In Slim Vie
The ingredients used appear to be:
- Bitter Orange Extracts (25%): Bitter orange is believed to suppress the appetite and encourage fat burning, but it contains synephrine, and its use has been linked to heart attacks, strokes, and other dangerous side effects. Experts at the Mayo Clinic state the ingredient should be avoided because the health risks outweigh any potential weight loss benefits. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22991491
- Cassia Seed Extracts (17%): Cassia seeds are believed to offer many health benefits, and are sometimes used in the treatment of liver problems, but they are not a proven weight loss provider and some studies indicate they may actually contribute to obesity. They also have the ability to cause uterine contractions and are therefore unsuitable for pregnant women.
- Job’s Tears Seed (15%): Often used in the manufacture of rosary beads, Job’s tears is often credited with fat burning powers. In one test extracts were injected into mice and appeared to instigate weight loss, but no studies have been conducted on human test subjects. Job’s tears should be avoided by pregnant mothers because some research suggests it can poison the developing embryo.
- Mulberry Leaf Extracts (13%): White mulberry can be useful for controlling blood sugar levels.
- Amylum (30%): It’s starch, nothing more. Probably included here to bind the other ingredients.
One capsule should be taken each morning, prior to eating breakfast, and Slim Vie recommends drinking at least eight glasses of water each day.[/info]
Slim Vie Customer Feedback
Although many customers claim the capsules helped them to lose weight, there are so many reports of nasty side effects, dieting the Slim Vie way is too risky an option. As indicated by the two reviews below:[plain]“I have been taking it for two days and I feel HORRIBLE!!! Flu like symptoms even but with no fever. I feel achy and tired and my lungs feel strange. It’s strange! I’m not going to take it to or row and see what happens. Now that I have researched more and see that it is made in china I’m much more skeptical.”[/plain]
[plain]”You know how people look when you see shows about crackheads on tv? That’s how I felt when I was taking this stuff. I would get horrible headaches at the based of my skull, and just generally felt horrible almost like I was sick or coming down with something. When I tried to get off of them, that when the crack-head like feeling came on. It wasn’t so much that I was craving it, but I looked and felt like crap! I looked not unlike someone coming off a hard drug binge.”[/plain]
Slim Vie Side Effects & Health Issues
A few side effects attributed to Slim Vie include:
- Dry mouth
- Unquenchable thirst
- ‘Tingly’ feelings all over the body
- Stomach pains
- High blood pressure
Slim Vie Purchasing Options & Considerations
Slim Vie is available from numerous online sources including eBay and Amazon, and there can be dramatic differences in price. Some suppliers charge as little as $14 (£8) for 30 capsules, while others charge three or four times this amount.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
We strongly recommend dieters considering using Slim Vie choose an alternative product instead. There are a number of reasons why we offer this advice, but the possible dangers use of the product may entail are sufficient reason alone.
The formulation contains several ingredients that are known to be problematic and customer feedback indicates the manufacturer’s claims of a side effect-free formulation are utter not entirely true. The World’s Best Weight Loss Product? We would have to disagree,
There are several slimming products that we rate over and above Slim-Vie.
Read our run down on what are the best rated slimming pills to buy – with effect, customer services, satisfaction, safety and value for money a high priority.