Shapeology Burn Blend is a weight loss supplement produced in America by Shapeology Nutrition and sold via the company’s official website. It is manufactured in capsule form and differs from many alternative products because the capsules have a liquid centre.
Promised benefits include:
- Fast acting liquid delivery to maximise fat burning effects
- Elevated energy levels
- Clinically-proven key ingredients
What is Shapeology Burn Blend and what does it Do?
As the name suggests, Shapeology Burn Blend is a fat burning supplement. Fat burning supplements are designed to trick the body into burning body fat. If this is successfully achieved the calories released during the process become available for the body to use and energy levels receive a boost.
The inclusion rates for individual ingredients are not available because the formulation consists of three proprietary blends, but each (2 capsule) serving consists of 695.92mg of the following ingredients:
Metabolin 150 Formula
- Green Tea Extract: An excellent source of antioxidants, green tea is not only good for supporting good health, it also has proven fat burning abilities and some studies indicate it may offer enhanced benefits when combined with caffeine (as is the case here). [SOURCE]
- White Tea Extract: A form of tea that has received slightly more processing than green tea, white tea does not have the same renown as its greener relative when it comes to weight loss, but it is a very healthy ingredient that is currently being explored as an anti-cancer treatment. [SOURCE]
- Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract (10 % Evodiamine): An extract taken from a species of tree that is native to Asia. The active ingredient is Evodiamine. It is reputed to be capable of boosting serotonin levels, but some clinical trials, conducted on mice, indicate it may also be useful for reducing fat deposits. However, the results are far from conclusive. [SOURCE]
- Inositol Hexaphosphate: Also called IP-6, inositol hexaphosphate is a vitamin-like compound that is naturally-occurring in in animals, some plants, and can be manufactured in a laboratory. It has been explored as a possible cancer treatment, and can boost immune system efficiency, but is not usually associated with weight loss. [SOURCE]
- Black Pepper Extract: An ingredient that is often used to increase the bioavailability of other ingredients. The active ingredient is an alkaloid called piperine, which appears to act as a fat burner. After one study, conducted in India, the researchers concluded the results obtained suggested “Piperine possesses potential fat reducing and lipid lowering effects, without any change in food appetite, at a small dose of 40 mg / kg.” [SOURCE]
- White Willow Extract (25% salicin): The salicin provided by white willow is not dissimilar to aspiring and, like aspirin, it has a reputation for be an effective pain killer, but it does not have proven abilities as a weight loss provider. [SOURCE]
- Aspidosperma Quebracho Blanco Extract: An ingredient that is often used to treat respiratory problems, and has also shown some promise for treating erectile dysfunction, but does not have any proven abilities as pertains to weight loss. [SOURCE]
- DMAE: A chemical that is believed to be a precursor to the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine. A popular inclusion in bodybuilding formulations, it is also believed to enhance athletic performance. [SOURCE]
- Inula Racemosa: A herb that is claimed to be beneficial for improving insulin levels. Tests conducted on rats support the claim and show it may also be good for balancing glucose levels. [SOURCE]
- Troxerutin (sapphora japonica): Sourced from the Japanese Pagoda Tree, Troxerutin is believed to be good for providing healthy blood vessels, but has never been proven to be useful for weight management.
- Cnidium Monnerium: A Chinese herb that is often used to boost sexual performance and is favoured by many bodybuilders. Most of its alleged benefits are far from being proven and this is certainly the case when it comes to weight loss. [SOURCE]
- Yohimbe Extract: Tests conducted on mice indicate yohimbe can provide appetite suppression, but it is more acclaimed for its ability to work on the adrenergic receptor system that regulates thermogenesis of fat cells. [SOURCE]
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine: is famed for its abilities as a stimulant. People all over the world rely on it for an early morning boost, but caffeine is more versatile than some people think. Effects can be short-lived, but it can also speed up the metabolism and trigger fat burning.
- Xanthinol Nicotinate: A form of vitamin B3. Like all B vitamins, B3 is important for maintaining a healthy metabolism and, for this reason, is a common inclusion in weight loss supplement such as Shapeology Burn Blend.
- Codonopsis Pilosula Root: A plat derivative that is also known by the delightful name of Bastard Ginseng. It is credited with numerous health-enhancing abilities, but scientific evidence is lacking.
How to Take Shapeology Burn Blend
Depending on how well they tolerate the product, users can take 1 to 2 capsules each morning. The dose is repeated during the afternoon. Capsules should always be taken with plenty of water, and 4 capsules should never be exceeded in any 24-hour period.
The only feedback available online comes courtesy of dieting forums:
Possible Side Effects
The Shapeology Burn Blend contains a warning that states the pills are unsuitable for anyone who is under the age of 18 or for pregnant or nursing mothers. Shapeology Burn Blend is also not recommended for people who have existing health issues or are taking medication. The warning also states people who take too many pills must contact a doctor or “poison control” at once.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Shapeology Burn Blend can be purchased from the official website and costs $39.99 t0 $49.99 (US dollars) depending on promotion.
We would recommend Superfruit Slim over and above Shapeology BurnBlend. Its longevity and customer feedback makes on the leading, if not the market leading diet pill in the UK.
Superfruit Slim can also suppress appetite and has antioxidizing ingredients present in the formula