PHD Women Body Sculpt is a weight management supplement designed especially for women—but not all women.
Like all of the products (and there are many) in the PHD Woman range, Body Sculpt is intended to help support the nutritional needs of ladies who are more active than the average girl in the street.
So if you are an avid gym-goer, or health and fitness enthusiast, you probably fall into the target market. If you are not, there may be better supplement options available.
Promised benefits include:
- Research proven ingredients
- High Caffeine formula
- Contains green tea extract & alpha lipoic acid
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each (2 capsule) dose provides:
- Caffeine anhydrous (200mg): A popular ingredient that can be useful for providing a fast burst of energy and helping to improve powers of focus and concentration. The amount of caffeine provided here is similar to that which would be attained from two standard cups of coffee. The results of one double-blind, placebo-controlled study, suggest caffeine also has value as a thermogenic fat burner.
- Green tea extract (100mg): Possibly the most valuable ingredient in the formulation, green tea is packed full of antioxidants that can encourage good health, and one type in particular (green tea catechins) have scientifically proven fat burning capabilities. After one study, the researchers concluded: “Green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both”
- Phosphatidylserine (100mg): Occasionally called “PS”, phosphatidylserine is a compound that is is naturally-occurring in meat and white beans. It is believed to be useful for aiding post-exercise recovery and for boosting cognitive abilities. However, it is generally accepted that a dose of 400mg or less is unlikely to be effective.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (50mg): An antioxidant that can be found in many different kinds of food. The body is also capable of manufacturing its own supply of alpha lipoic acid (ALA), but it is an important compound that is present in all the cells of the body, so supplements that contain ALA are not without benefit. When the body has a sufficient supply of ALA the muscles absorb glucose more easily and this can result in elevated energy levels.
- DMAE Bitartrate (50mg): Also called deanol, DMAE Bitartrate is a chemical that is used in certain reactions in the brain that are required to produce an important neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. DMAE Bitartrate is often added to supplements in the belief that its presence will boost athletic performance, but some sources of information suggest it may have more potential when used as a treatment for mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and autism.
- Ginger Powder (25mg): Ginger can be a useful digestion aid, and it is often used to soothe upset stomachs, but the results of one study, conducted in New York suggest ginger may be able to support weight loss by providing appetite suppression and thermogenic fat burning.
- Dandelion Root (25mg): An ingredient that is often added to weight loss formulations and its presence may prove to be effective in this regard. Unfortunately for the wrong reason. Although dandelion has never been linked to fat loss, it is known to be a very effective diuretic, so people who take supplements that provide dandelion root may find they need to visit the bathroom more often than normal. Any weight lost in this way (as water) will return as soon as supplementation is ceased.
Customer feedback was not available at the time of this review.
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Side effects do not appear to be an issue, but the manufacturer stresses the importance of not exceeding the recommended dosage. Apart from that no other advisories are provided, but the formulation is unlikely to be suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers. People who have existing health problems, or are using medication, should always play it safe and check with their GP before using any brand of supplement. It is also worth bearing in mind, the caffeine content of the product may make it unsuitable for some users, especially those who have a particularly low tolerance to caffeine and/or other stimulants.
Customers are not provided with a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Each bottle contains 60 capsules and costs £21.99 when purchased directly from the PHD Woman website. However, customers who opt to buy via Boots can make a significant saving and pay just £16.49 for the same quantity of pills.
We recommend PhenQ – a diet pill that offers several benefits including fat burning, fat blocking and appetite suppression.
PhenQ is available without prescription and can be ordered online direct from the Manufacturers website. There is free delivery on all orders and a 60 day refund policy ensures your guarantee.