Lowerol is a cholesterol-lowering supplement produced in Britain by Napiers. Most people these days are aware of the dangers (heart attacks, strokes) high cholesterol levels can present but, due to bad modern-day dietary practices and the availability of so many “junk” foods, high cholesterol levels continue to be a problem.
The worrying thing is many people who have high cholesterol levels are unaware of it, and those who are aware of it are often prescribed drugs that cause unpleasant side effects.
Statins are prescription drugs that are prescribed by many GP’s in the UK. They have been responsible for many forum posts where users have complained of side effects. I wonder how many GP’s would actually take statins themselves.
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is fat-like substance that occurs in all the cells of the human body and, although too much of the wrong type of cholesterol can endanger the health; it is a valuable component for many functions such as hormone production. The body manufactures all the cholesterol it requires, but many foods provide further cholesterol and eating too much of the wrong kinds of food can cause serious health problems.
Cholesterol is transported around the body via the cardiovascular system as lipoproteins and there are two types—low density lipoproteins (LDL) and high density lipoproteins (HDL). The body needs a certain amount of each, but too much LDL (bad cholesterol) can lead to a build-up of fatty deposits in the arteries. HDL (good cholesterol), on the other hand, flushes through the veins and arteries collecting fatty deposits and transporting them to the liver, where they are purged from the system.
What is Lowerol and is it better than alternative Options?
Doctors often prescribe cholesterol-lowering drugs called statins, and they work well for most people. Unfortunately statins also contain compounds called monacolins that can interfere with the body’s natural levels of co-enzyme Q10 and this, in turn, leads to muscle pain. Lowerol also contains monacolins, but they are different to those used in statins and do not present the same negative reactions.
Advertised Lowerol benefits include:
- Fast-acting, natural formulation
- Reduces high cholesterol
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Free from side effects
- Results in 30 days
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Each (500mg) capsule contains:
- Red Yeast Rice Extract (400mg): A favourite with Chinese herbalists, red yeast rice extract is obtained by fermenting rice via the use of red yeast (monascus purpureus). Red yeast rice extract has proven (bad) cholesterol lowering abilities, and a number of studies show it does not present the same side effects as statins. After one study, conducted at Chestnut Hill Hospital (University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine), the researchers concluded red yeast rice extract can “decrease LDL cholesterol level without increasing CPK or pain levels” and suggested it may be of particular value for patients who cannot tolerate statins.
- Grape Seed Extract (80mg): Grapes extracts are packed full of antioxidants that are good for the heart, and recent studies suggest supplementation with red grape extracts may reduce arterial cholesterol build-ups by as much as 20%.
- Policosanol (10mg): A sugar cane derivative with a proven ability to rid the body of bad cholesterol. Studies show policosanol can provide superior results to those supplied by satins. But, unlike satins, it can also raise levels of good cholesterol.
- Coenzyme Q10 (10mg): Also known as ubiquinone, a number of studies show supplementation with CoQ₁₀ can help ensure an increased amount of bad cholesterol is carried to the liver to be broken down and released from the body.
A cholesterol test is recommended prior to use. The test can be carried out by a medical practitioner, or conducted at home using the self-test kit (available from the Lowerol website).
Capsules should be taken with water or juice just after eating a meal. Dosage varies by the extent of the problem:
- Slightly high cholesterol levels: One capsule per day.
- Moderately high cholesterol levels: One capsule taken twice per day (breakfast + evening meal).
- High cholesterol levels: One capsule taken three times per day (breakfast + lunch + evening meal).
After a month of use the cholesterol level should be checked again and the dosage lowered if the cholesterol level has dropped.
Lowerol Customer Testimonials
The official website provides a few glowing testimonials, but that is only to be expected. Independent reviews are difficult to find, but one satisfied Lowerol user airs her approval, via an internet forum, calling them “wonderful capsules” and stating her doctor has told her she no longer requires her troublesome statins.
Lowerol Side Effects & Health Issues
No side effects have been reported, but Napiers state the capsules are not designed for pregnant or nursing mothers and suggest potential users with health problems consult a doctor before commencing supplementation.
Napiers offer a 60 day money back guarantee.
Napiers is a reputable company that has been producing and supplying herbal supplements for over 150 years, so customers can buy any of their products secure in the knowledge they are not dealing with some third-rate pill peddling outfit that is unlikely to honour the guarantee. Taking a look at the formulation though, the guarantee is not likely to be needed. The Lowerol formulation contains some credible ingredients that should provide the promised (bad) cholesterol reduction without any of the side effects statin users have grown to know and hate. This makes it a very viable alternative to other cholesterol management drugs and supplements, so Lowerol is highly recommend for anyone who requires effective cholesterol reduction without the risk of side effects.
Where to buy Lowerol
A one month supply of Lowerol costs £39.95 from the official Bauer Nutrition website.
Bulk buy incentives are available and postage charges are waived on orders that contain multiple items.