CitriTherm is a diet pill manufactured in the UK by Evolution Slimming. The main ingredient is a citrus fruit-based proprietary blend called Sinetrol.
It has a scientifically proven fat burning ability and, not surprisingly, Evolution Slimming are keen to draw attention to this fact in their marketing material. Unfortunately, the presence of a good ingredient in no way guarantees a product will work.
Let’s use green tea as an example. It’s one of the most popular diet pill inclusions in the world, and has proven fat burning abilities, but many diet products that contain green tea fail to work.
Supplement science can be a complicated thing and many manufacturers lack the knowledge required to ensure the success of their products. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at CitriTherm and see if Evolution Slimming’s “high strength fat burner” is likely to be as good as they say it is.
CitriTherm Benefits & Selling Points
- Contains a scientifically tested fat burning ingredient
- Completely natural weight management formulation
- Does not cause jitters or other side effects
- Reduces waist and hip measurement
- Decreases abdominal fat
- Manufactured in the UK
- Suitable for vegetarian use
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Two CitriTherm capsules provide:
- Sinetrol (900mg): A branded ingredient, created by Fytexia. It provides a combination of guarana and Mediterranean fruits (sweet orange, blood orange, grapefruit). Guarana provides caffeine, but releases it too slowly to cause side effects. It is probably included here to help top-up energy levels over a long period of time. The three citrus fruits appear to be able to break down body fat by inhibiting phosphodiesterase 4 (enzyme). The science is too complicated for a review such as this, but studies show Sinetrol works for weight loss. After one 12-week study, conducted in France, the researchers agreed Sinetrol is a “viable option” for reducing abdominal fat and body weight.
- Green Tea Extract (50mg): Numerous studies show green tea can provide safe and effective weight loss. In 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study involving human volunteers. The study was designed to evaluate green tea’s capabilities as pertain to increased energy expenditure and fat oxidization. The resulting data proved green tea’s abilities in both regards and the researchers concluded supplementation with green tea can “influence body weight and body composition.”
- Zinc (10mg): A number of studies are supportive of Zinc’s ability to provide weight loss. For the purposes of one study, conducted in Iran, the researchers enlisted the help of 60 volunteers (aged 18-45) and gave them 30mg of zinc gluconate each day. At the end of the study the researchers discovered supplementation with zinc had resulted in improved BMI and bodyweight. This led them to conclude: “Zinc can be suggested as a suitable supplementation therapy for obese people.”
- Chromium (40ug): A mineral that can help regulate insulin and blood sugar levels and help the body convert food into energy. It is also reputed to be a fat burner. Experts at the University of Maryland Medical Centre admit chromium may be have fat burning potential, but state the benefits provided are likely to be somewhat limited.
Customer feedback is hard to locate, but one fitness blogger states:
Two forum comments read:
Side Effects & Health Considerations
Evolution slimming states there are no side effects, but suggest certain user groups play it safe and check with their GP prior to commencing supplementation:
- People under 18 years or age
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- People who have existing health problems
Evolution Slimming is a high reputable online stockist of diet and health product. The company has been trading for a number of years and back their products with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Both these things are important. A money back guarantee shows a company’s faith in their product(s) but, offering a guarantee and honouring it are two different things. Many companies say one thing and then do another.
Talk is cheap. The internet complaint boards relate many horror stories shared by dieters who purchased products that let them down and were unsuccessful in obtaining a refund. Evolution Slimming has not been the subject of such complaints [we checked], and the company has such a high profile it would not be in their interests to make misleading claims.
We are also impressed by the level of customer service offered, which includes not only an online contact form, but a freephone telephone number and a mailing address. So, as far as manufacturer credibility goes, Evolution Slimming gets full marks.
Customers are provided with a 30-day money back guarantee.
The Final Verdict
CitriTherm does not contain many ingredients, but Evolution Slimming’s chosen blend should pack a powerful punch and, although the amount of customer feedback is limited, it is sufficiently positive to suggest the formulation does what it is supposed to do. The presence of a money back guarantee gives customers extra peace of mind, but we think it is unlikely to be needed because CitriTherm stands out as being one of the best weight loss supplements we have reviewed to date.
Where to Buy CitriTherm
CitriTherm can only be purchased from the Evolution Slimming website. A single (60 capsule) bottle used to cost £49.99, but at the time of this review the price had been reduced by £10.
No additional charges are made for P&P, and customers who wish to obtain an even better deal can do so by taking advantage of bulk buy discounts.