BooTea is a herbal “teatox” produced in the UK. Each box contains two types of teabag: a Daytime Detox and a Bedtime Cleanse
Both types of teabag are designed to be used in conjunction with the BooTea Flexible eating plan, which can be downloaded from the company website.
When used in the recommended manner BooTea is designed to provide a detox, assist with weight loss, and “give you the boost you need to get back on track with your healthy eating and active lifestyle”.
How to Use BooTea
Two pack sizes are available. The smaller pack size provides a 14 day detox. The larger pack contains sufficient tea bags to last 28 days.
The Daytime Detox teabag should be consumed as the first drink of the day. Brewing the tea is simple, just place the teabag in a cup and boiling water and allow it to brew for three minutes.
The Bedtime Cleanse teabag need only be consumed every other night (days 1, 3, 5 etc.). It will probably work like a laxative, but the good news is the laxative effects will normally become evident around 8 hours after the teabag has been consumed. The tea is prepared exactly the same as the daytime blend (3 mins in a cup of hot water).
BooTea Pros and Cons in Brief
|The Pros||The Cons|
What to Expect from BooTea
The manufacturers call BooTea a weight loss tea and state it can provide a detox, but they fail to explain how either of these things is supposedly achieved.
According to the BooTea website:
Key Ingredients (Daytime Detox)
- Chinese Oolong tea: A form of green tea that provides health-boosting antioxidants and is believed to encourage fat burning.
- Mate leaves: Rich in flavonoids and antioxidants, Mate has a good reputation for providing weight loss.
- Ginger root: Often used to calm an upset stomach.
- Fennel seeds: Often given to babies as a cure for flatulence, fennel seeds are also a diuretic.
- Lemongrass: Can have a calming effect on the stomach, but it takes a generous dose to force the benefits to kick in.
- Dandelion leaf: A popular diuretic.
- Ginseng root: A Chinese herb that provides numerous health benefits.
- Gotu Kola leaves: A health-boosting ingredient, but there is no evidence to suggest it has detox properties or is a weight loss provider.
- Nettle leaves: Another diuretic.
Key Ingredients (Bedtime Cleanse)
- Senna leaves: Contains a chemical called sennoside that irritates the lining of the bowel and has a laxative effect. Long-term use is known to be hard on the bowel (the American Herbal Products Association suggests all products containing Senna should come with a health warning).
- Peppermint leaves: Useful for treating bloating and stomach disorders.
- Fenugreek seeds: May improve glucose tolerance, but offers no real benefit here.
- Liquorice root: Believed to exhort a laxative effect, but high doses can result in nasty side effects.
- Burdock root: Native to Britain, burdock root is known to be an effective laxative.
- Hawthorn leaves: A diuretic with the ability to ease digestive problems, but hawthorn leaves can also interact badly with some medications.
- Valerian root: A natural remedy for insomnia.
- Psyllium seeds: A high fibre ingredients that offers many health benefits, but some people are allergic to psyllium seeds.
Feedback is fair but not fantastic: Typical examples are…
Bootea Side Effects
BooTea claim their tea is “safe when used correctly as outlined in our use guidelines”, but suggest customers stop drinking the teas and consult a doctor if symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or prolonged diarrhoea become a problem. This will be the same advice for virtually any and every beverage that contains tea or coffee.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should avoid BooTea or any similar product unless its use has been approved by their doctor. The same advice holds true for anyone who has a known or suspected health condition or is taking any form of medication.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
A 14 day supply of BooTea costs £19.99 when purchased from the manufacturer’s website. A 28 day supply costs £34.99 to £37.99 (depending on promotion). Worldwide shipping is offered, but additional charges apply.
It is highly advised buying from the manufactures own website for many reasons – one of couse being the flexible eating plan.
We recommend EvoTea from Evolution Slimming. Evolution Slimming are British based and manufacture and supply top quality products – a world apart from the foreign imports it competes against.
EvoTea Teatox is a herbal tea blend that has been created to facilitate weight loss while also providing detox benefits.