Phenadrine fat burning capsules are produced by APS and marketed as “The World’s Strongest Diet and Energy Aid“. Claims like this are very common in the diet supplement industry, but the formulation really does contain some strong ingredients. Unfortunately these ingredients also have a history of problems with side effects.
The capsules contain a number of stimulants, and that alone is enough to make them unsuitable for some users, but one of the stimulants DMAA can narrow the blood vessels and arteries and elevate the blood pressure to such an extent its use has been known to trigger some pretty nasty side effects.
The Phenadrine formulation also contain the controversial ingredient Acacia Rigidula Extract, so any benefits it may present may fall into insignificance when compared with the possible side effects.
- Contains DMAA
- Encourages Fat Loss
- Enhances the mood
- Helps Raise Energy Levels
- Helps Increase Focus and Alertness
- Supports a Faster Metabolism
- Helps to Suppress the Appetite
- May Boost Sexual Performance
Each Phenadrine capsule contains 750mg of a proprietary blend that contains unspecified amount of the following ingredients:
• Acacia Rigudula Extract (Yields 200mg Phenylethylamine Alkaloids including: Methylsynephrine, R-Beta-Methlphenlethylamine, B-Phenylethylamine, N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine and R-N-Benzyl-Alpha-Phenylethylamine)
• Caffeine Anhydrous
• 1, 3 Dimethylamylamine HCI [DMMA]
The fact that no inclusion rates are provided make it pointless to try and comment on the way the blend may or may not work, but a few ingredients stand out as being particularly worthy of comment.
- DMAA can be found hiding behind numerous names. In this case it is 1, 3 Dimethylamylamine HCI. The name may vary, but its method of function and the associated side effects remain the same. Once ingested, the chemical works on the nervous system and activates an enzyme called adenyiate cyclase. This results in an increase in adenosine monophosphate at the cellular level and activated fat metabolism. DMAA is also believed to increase endurance but with the many implications its use entails (heart attacks, death etc.) it’s simply not worth the risk.
- Acacia Rigidula Extract is sourced from an American shrub called black bush acacia. The extract is believed to provide natural amphetamine complexes, but tests on Acacia supplements reveal many of them contain manufactured amphetamines. It could improve the mood, but it may also damage the health.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is believed to be capable of encouraging increased production of serotonin and dopamine. An increased amount of these brain hormones may have a positive effect on the mood and could also be useful for decreasing the likelihood of comfort eating.
- Caffeine Anhydrous is just a refined form of caffeine. Possible benefits include extra energy, boosted alertness, and appetite suppression.
Extend-Rx is a proprietary brand manufactured in the US by Hi Tech. It provides a mixture of naringin and bergomottin. Both chemicals are naturally-occurring in grapefruit (often associated with weight loss) and naringin also has the power to boost the abilities of caffeine.
Some of the sites that are willing to peddle the product contain positive feedback, but there is no way to ascertain if it is genuine.
A couple of average reviews read:
Side Effects & Health Issues
Phenadrine is sold without any health warnings. This is quite worrying because people who read all the marketing claims may purchase the product without realizing that health risks may occur.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Due to its controversial nature, Phenadrine is not available from any main supplement suppliers, but it can be purchased from a number of lesser-known online stores and a cost of $60 per bottle is not uncommon.
The Bottom Line
We do not recommend Phenadrine as a weight loss aid and strongly advise all consumers to avoid any product that contains DMAA (by any name) or Acacia Rigidula. The FDA has issued warnings about both ingredients and the FDA exists to protect consumers’ health. To denounce the abilities of Phenadrine as a weight loss provider would be unjust, but many safer options can provide far superior results, so the mind boggles as to why anyone would wish to risk their health unnecessarily. Our advice? Look elsewhere.
The diet pill industry like any other has its top and bottom end in terms of safety, effect and consumer feedback. In our opinion it is PhenQ that leads the way in virtually all departments.
PhenQ consists of premium ingredients that are both pharmacy grade and natural. It has an impeccable safety recors and excellent references from past customers.